References and Resources
- 1928 Okeechobee Hurricane (2022) Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1928_Okeechobee_hurricane
- Associated Press. (1926) “Martial Law is Declared by Miami Gov. Martin” - Homeless Flee Miami. Tampa Times. September 20, 1926. P2.
- Blake, E.S.; Landsea, C. W. (2010). The Deadliest, Costliest, and Most Intense United States Tropical Cyclones from 1851 to 2010 (and other Frequently Requested Hurricane Facts). National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center. Retrieved 6/7/2022 from https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/dcmi.shtml.
- Dudley, Bill, "The Florida Hurricane of 1928" (2003). Florida Humanities Audio Archive. 84. https://digitalcommons.usf.edu/fhc_audio/84
- “Rotarian Drives Here to Watch Hurricane.” (1926) Miami Herald October 23, 1926. P.24
Knowles. (2009). Category 5 : the 1935 Labor Day hurricane. University Press of Florida. https://usf-flvc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01FALSC_USF/8i1ivu/alma99379588335006599
- Reardon, L. F., "The Florida hurricane disaster" (1926). City, County, and Regional Histories E-Book Collection. 19.
- Tyler, L. L., "A pictorial history of the Florida hurricane, September 18, 1926" (1926). City, County, and Regional Histories E-Book Collection. 24.
- Hamm, Harry H., "South Florida hurricane scenes : September 17th and 18th, 1926; Miami, Miami Beach, Buena Vista, Little River, Hialeah, Coral Gables, Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale" (1926). City, County, and Regional Histories E-Book Collection. 27.
"'Flagler's Folly" linked Key West to Mainland" (1960). Hampton Dunn Phototouring Florida Collection. 61. https://digitalcommons.usf.edu/dunn_phototouring/61
- Dudley, Bill, "The Florida Hurricane of 1928" (2003). Florida Humanities Audio Archive. 84.
- Reese, Joe Hugh, "Florida's great hurricane" (1926). City, County, and Regional Histories E-Book Collection. 21.
- Núñez, Mario; Cannella, Steve; and Núñez, Sally, "Tampa Natives Show: hurricanes in Tampa -Roy Leep" (2012). The Tampa Natives Show. 37.
- Digital Collections Materials in the Natural Hazards Center Collection.
- Great Blue Heron "Great White Heron" Subspecies 1935 Labor Day Hurricane Distribution Map. Audubon Everglades Science Center Photographs. https://digitalcommons.usf.edu/aesc_photographs/417/.
- Burgert Brothers, "Boy at the 1935 hurricane victim memorial on Overseas Highway in Upper Matecumbe Key" (1948). Burgert Brothers Collection of Tampa Photographs. Image 239.
- Dunn, Hampton, "Hoover Dike protects 'Big Water' (Lake Okeechobee)" (1960). Hampton Dunn Phototouring Florida Collection. 72. https://digitalcommons.usf.edu/dunn_phototouring/72.
- 1921 Hurricane, Folder 20, Box: 1, Folder: 20. Leland Hawes collection, MS-2010-05. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/73934 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Co. Comm. - Hurricane Elana, Folder 9, Box: 40, Folder: 9. Pam Iorio collection, MS-2006-09. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/114678 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Glades County-Belle Glade-Hurricane, 1926-28, Folder 9, Box: 2, Folder: 9. Tampa Bay History [journal], T06. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/51137 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Hurricane Andrew Study Photos, 1992, Item 36. Richard "Skip" Davis collection, MS-2015-06. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/53174 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Hurricane, 1848, Folder 13, Box: 14, Folder: 13. Leland Hawes collection, MS-2010-05. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/74129 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Hurricane Levee, 1964, Folder 5, Box: 75, Folder: 5. T. Terrell Sessums collection, S09. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/83987 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Hurricane Donna, Folder 20, Box: 8, Folder: 20. IMC Agrico Phosphate Company collection, MS-1995-01. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/97337 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Huser, T. (1970) “Hurricane Protection is a Purpose of FCD Works.” Central and Southern Florida Flood Control District News Release. Hampton Dunn Collection, University of South Florida Libraries Special Collections.
- Jim Davis Media - Audiocassette Tapes, Photographs, and Videos, Series 3. Jim Davis papers, D35. USF Libraries - Special Collections. https://archives.lib.usf.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/96020 Accessed September 01, 2022.
- Lawrence E. Will's Okeechobee Hurricane and the Hoover Dike
- National Guard: Okeechobee Hurricane- Correspondence, 1928- 1929
- West Tampa Hurricane of 1894. Aguerro, Pirolo, A. Mendez, 8-18-85
- Hurston, & Williams, S. A. (1978). Their eyes were watching God : a novel (Illini books edition.). University of Illinois Press. https://usf-flvc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01FALSC_USF/1amem1q/alma99379763206206599
- Will, Lawrence E. (1978). Okeechobee hurricane and the Hoover Dike (3d ed., rev., enl., indexed.). Glades Historical Society. https://usf-flvc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01FALSC_USF/im6868/alma99379556040606599