- Chan, M. (2009). A Nanking winter. Toronto: Playwrights Canada Press.
- Chang, I. (1997). The rape of Nanking: The forgotten holocaust of World War II. New York, NY: BasicBooks.
- Fogel, J. A. (2000). The Nanjing Massacre in history and historiography. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Wakabayashi, B. (2000). The Nanking 100-man killing contest debate: war guilt amid fabricated illusions, 1971-75. Journal Of Japanese Studies, 26(2), 307-340.
- Wakabayashi, B. T. (2007). The Nanking atrocity, 1937-38: Complicating the picture. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Yamamoto, M. (2000). Nanking: Anatomy of an atrocity. Westport, Conn: Praeger.
Yoshida, T. (2006). The making of the" Rape of Nanking": history and memory in Japan, China, and the United States. Oxford University Press, USA.
- Zhang, K. (2001). Eyewitnesses to massacre: American missionaries bear witness to Japanese atrocities in Nanjing. Armonk, N.Y: M.E. Sharpe.
Askew, D. (2002). The Nanjing Incident: Recent Research and Trends. electronic journal of contemporary japanese studies.
Barnard, C. (2001). Isolating Knowledge of the Unpleasant: the Rape of Nanking in Japanese high-school textbooks. British journal of sociology of education, 22(4), 519-530.
Bong, S. H. (2005). Compensation for Victims of Wartime Atrocities: Recent Developments in Japan's Case Law. J. Int'l Crim. Just., 3, 187.
Brook, T. (2001). The Tokyo Judgment and the Rape of Nanking. JOURNAL OF ASIAN STUDIES-ANN ARBOR-, 60(3), 673-700.
- Heit, S. (2009). Waging sexual warfare: Case studies of rape warfare used by the Japanese Imperial Army during World War II. Women's Studies International Forum, 32(5), 363-370.
Penney, M. (2008). Far from Oblivion: The Nanking Massacre in Japanese Historical Writing for Children and Young Adults. Holocaust and genocide studies, 22(1), 25-48.
Seo, J. (2008). Politics of memory in Korea and China: Remembering the comfort women and the Nanjing massacre. New Political Science, 30(3), 369-392.
Wang, Z. (2009). Old wounds, new narratives: Joint history textbook writing and peacebuilding in East Asia. History and Memory, 20(1).
Yang, H. (1997). Revisiting the issue of Korean “military comfort women”: the question of truth and positionality. positions, 5(1), 51-72.